CyberLink FaceMe Facial Recognition Engine
Description about the solution
CyberLink is a world leader in facial recognition and tracking technologies. Based on an advanced AI model, the FaceMe® facial recognition engine is one of the world’s best deep learning algorithms for recognizing people. It has an accuracy rate (True Acceptance Rate) of 99.7% (@1E-4) and TAR 98.95% (@1E-6). FaceMe® is ranked as one of the top facial recognition in the recent NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) FRVT 1:1 (Facial Recognition Vendor Test), it's ranked #16 globally, and #5 when excluding vendors from China and Russia.
FaceMe® offers an ideal solution for IoT/AIoT developers and system integrator to deploy facial recognition in various IoT and AIoT scenarios, such as:
- IoT & AIoT Devices: Industrial PCs, Servers, Workstations, VMS, Smart Doorbells, Digital Signage, POS, KIOSK, Vending Machines
- Smart IoT/AIoT Deployments: Smart City, Smart Office, Smart Building, Smart Security & Smart Home
Optimization for Intel® IoT Technologies
- Optimized for Intel® OpenVINO™ - support for Intel® OpenVINO™ tool kits, providing 5X performance with OpenVINO™.
- Optimized for Intel® Movidius™ VPU - FaceMe® supports Intel® Movidius™ VPU, boosts up to 17.4 faster performance with Movidius™ and saves 72% CPU usage when performing AI facial recognition. In addition, FaceMe® supports up to 8 Intel® Movidius™ VPUs in a single installation, by providing 8x speed comparing to single Movidius™ VPU.
- Support for Intel® RealSense™ - FaceMe® supports 3D anti-spoofing with Intel RealSense™ 3D camera (D415), providing 100% true negative rate.
Why CyberLink FaceMe®?
- Cross-Platform - Supporting Windows, Linux, Android and iOS platforms, FaceMe® is ideal for cross-platform solutions, such as Windows-based door security systems, Linux-based digital signage systems and Android/iOS based apps.
- Accuracy - FaceMe® is highly reliable and accurate. Under the Ultra Precision Model, FaceMe® achieved a 98.95% accuracy rate with an error rate below 1/1,000,000 (10-6).
- Flexibility - FaceMe® is optimized for different hardware configurations and different scenarios. With flexible settings on parameters, developers can choose to enable GPU acceleration, or solely use the embedded CPU for edge processing.
- Easy Porting - FaceMe® SDK (Software Development Kits) is available for multiple platforms. Developers can easily implement facial recognition technologies on their platforms.
- Advanced Image Pre-processing - CyberLink’s unique TrueTheather™ visual enhancement technology improves image quality in the pre-processing phase and increases accuracy by 11.65%.
- Secure Anti-Spoofing - Multiple methods of anti-spoofing technology provide highly secure, accurate liveness detection to protect against biometric fraud, e.g. replay attack and print attack. FaceMe® supports anti-spoofing with mainstream 3D cameras (e.g. Intel RealSense) as well as 2D cameras on phones and tablets.
FaceMe® Use Cases
- When integrated with IP security camera systems, FaceMe® can instantly identify people of interest, and even send notifications in real-time when combined with U Alerts.
- Smart City
- Integrating facial recognition and people tracking (person re-identification) technologies with surveillance camera systems, enables improved security monitoring in smart cities.
- Developing facial recognition based on door security access systems makes it possible to track employees and visitors in smart offices.
- Detect gender, age, and emotions to understand customer demographics for precision marketing. Moreover, ensure shopkeepers are notified upon the arrival of VIP customers through facial recognition and identification.
- By integrating with smart doorbells and locks, FaceMe® can recognize family members or pre-registered visitors, granting them access into your home. A convenient way to streamline access while better protecting your home.
- FaceMe® provides multiple anti-spoofing methods through the use of 3D/2D cameras and web browsers to prevent hackers from using photos or videos to break into customers’ accounts, resulting in extremely safe authentication and preventing fraud and unauthorized transactions.
- Smart Office
- Smart Retail
- Smart Buildings & Smart Home
- Smart Banking